Don’t forget the annual September VHF QSO Party runs from 1pm Saturday to 10pm Sunday (CDT) this weekend. Lots of fun meeting up with old and new friends in the region. Check the rules and other details on the ARRL website. The Alabama ARES group is also conducting a Simplex Exercise Saturday from 2-6 pm CDT, so don’t forget to listen on those FM frequencies as well for some extra contacts. Maybe we’ll get some new VHF contesters. If you scroll down further, you can see an example from the propagation map that NG0E generates from the APRS-IS beacon data-base. This is helpful to recognize where the signals might be strongest. Even if you are not into the contest for competition, it is a valuable exercise to see how well your equipment is operating. The rest of us will appreciate the additional contacts – so join in !
Upcoming activities :
Venus falls into the Sun !
NG0E: VHF propagation
Where is the ISS ?
- RT @wb5rmg: We are all just visitors here. #BeRespectful. Like living on some planet, right ? /;^) 2 years ago
- RT @SGgrc: For those wondering about the original TrueCrypt and the TrueCrypt audit... cryptoservices.github.io/fde/2015/02/18… It's on. 2 years ago
- RT @JimVajda: RT @qz Millions of Facebook users have no idea they're using the internet qz.com/333313 http://t.co/bGDpOLBEU5 @THEr… 2 years ago
- New NN4SA Website is Active 2015 0217http://nn4sa.wordpress.com/, our new website for our new NN4SA call sign is now active. All of our future updates will be posted there. The WA4NZD website that you are reading now, https://wa4nzd.wordpress.com/, will remain available. At some point in the near future, … Continue reading →
- NN4SA vanity call active beginning today, 2/10/2015 2015 0211The Marshall Amateur Radio Club has changed its call sign. We are now NN4SA. We had been WA4NZD since 1980. We are gradually switching over our online presence. We have a draft WordPress website http://nn4sa.wordpress.com. It is active but not … Continue reading →
- 2014 IARU HF World Championship 2015 0202The results from the July, 2014 International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) High Frequency (HF) World Championship contest were published. WA4NZD placed first in Alabama, in the Single Operator, Mixed-mode (phone & CW), Low Power category. World-wide the club placed #2507 … Continue reading →
- North American QSO Party – Phone 2015 0121Patti Kurth and I (Gary WA2JQZ) joined Rob KB5EZ last Saturday afternoon to operate portable on Monte Sano for the North American QSO Party – Phone. We operated from a scenic overlook on the east side of the park. The weather … Continue reading →
- New NN4SA Website is Active 2015 0217