What a way to start the new year…!…
Cold and clear, 30 degrees with 10mph wind chill – nowhere like 60 feet off the ground to enjoy these January conditions at their best. Several of us gathered to de-install a 60 ft tower this last weekend, for a retired ham who was moving out of his old house. I took the first shift; setting the gin-pole, removing all the old antennas, feedlines, and making ready for the actual take-down. I had climbed this a few days ago, to shoot a bit of WD-40 onto the nuts and bolts. We had no problems. Steve and Jason split the remainder, taking down 3 ten foot sections each. We started at 9am, and by 4pm all was down, taken apart, and packed away. We even cut off the guy anchors. Great teamwork, Thanks everyone. /;^)
Upcoming activities :
Venus falls into the Sun !
NG0E: VHF propagation
Where is the ISS ?
- RT @wb5rmg: We are all just visitors here. #BeRespectful. Like living on some planet, right ? /;^) 3 years ago
- RT @SGgrc: For those wondering about the original TrueCrypt and the TrueCrypt audit... cryptoservices.github.io/fde/2015/02/18… It's on. 3 years ago
- RT @JimVajda: RT @qz Millions of Facebook users have no idea they're using the internet qz.com/333313 http://t.co/bGDpOLBEU5 @THEr… 3 years ago
- New NN4SA Website is Active 2015 0217http://nn4sa.wordpress.com/, our new website for our new NN4SA call sign is now active. All of our future updates will be posted there. The WA4NZD website that you are reading now, https://wa4nzd.wordpress.com/, will remain available. At some point in the near future, … Continue reading →
- NN4SA vanity call active beginning today, 2/10/2015 2015 0211The Marshall Amateur Radio Club has changed its call sign. We are now NN4SA. We had been WA4NZD since 1980. We are gradually switching over our online presence. We have a draft WordPress website http://nn4sa.wordpress.com. It is active but not … Continue reading →
- 2014 IARU HF World Championship 2015 0202The results from the July, 2014 International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) High Frequency (HF) World Championship contest were published. WA4NZD placed first in Alabama, in the Single Operator, Mixed-mode (phone & CW), Low Power category. World-wide the club placed #2507 … Continue reading →
- North American QSO Party – Phone 2015 0121Patti Kurth and I (Gary WA2JQZ) joined Rob KB5EZ last Saturday afternoon to operate portable on Monte Sano for the North American QSO Party – Phone. We operated from a scenic overlook on the east side of the park. The weather … Continue reading →
- New NN4SA Website is Active 2015 0217