Can’t argue with success, at least that’s what I’ve always heard. I found an unexpected envelope from the ARRL in the mailbox yesterday. It is time to renew, but they generally send those reminders with bulk mail – this was a First Class envelope – Do Not Bend ! Come to find out it is a Contest Award : Single Op Low Power, Alabama Section, 2009 ARRL June VHF QSO Party = Winner ! 222 MHz… Must have been a slow contest, with not many logs submitted. I only had three (3) contacts on 222, but I did have two (2) Grid Squares. Guess that pushed me over the top. Thanks W4ZRZ, AK4FL, and WB4VHF. I was using my HT on FM, with a simple ground plane antenna held up toward the ceiling. That way I could move it around easily to peak up the signals. This is sort-of a forgotten band, but has good scoring capability… Check it out next contest. Seems I’ve had more than three (3) contacts before, but this time that’s all it took. HERE is the blog entry from that event.
Upcoming activities :
Venus falls into the Sun !
NG0E: VHF propagation
Where is the ISS ?
- RT @wb5rmg: We are all just visitors here. #BeRespectful. Like living on some planet, right ? /;^) 2 years ago
- RT @SGgrc: For those wondering about the original TrueCrypt and the TrueCrypt audit... cryptoservices.github.io/fde/2015/02/18… It's on. 2 years ago
- RT @JimVajda: RT @qz Millions of Facebook users have no idea they're using the internet qz.com/333313 http://t.co/bGDpOLBEU5 @THEr… 2 years ago
- New NN4SA Website is Active 2015 0217http://nn4sa.wordpress.com/, our new website for our new NN4SA call sign is now active. All of our future updates will be posted there. The WA4NZD website that you are reading now, https://wa4nzd.wordpress.com/, will remain available. At some point in the near future, … Continue reading →
- NN4SA vanity call active beginning today, 2/10/2015 2015 0211The Marshall Amateur Radio Club has changed its call sign. We are now NN4SA. We had been WA4NZD since 1980. We are gradually switching over our online presence. We have a draft WordPress website http://nn4sa.wordpress.com. It is active but not … Continue reading →
- 2014 IARU HF World Championship 2015 0202The results from the July, 2014 International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) High Frequency (HF) World Championship contest were published. WA4NZD placed first in Alabama, in the Single Operator, Mixed-mode (phone & CW), Low Power category. World-wide the club placed #2507 … Continue reading →
- North American QSO Party – Phone 2015 0121Patti Kurth and I (Gary WA2JQZ) joined Rob KB5EZ last Saturday afternoon to operate portable on Monte Sano for the North American QSO Party – Phone. We operated from a scenic overlook on the east side of the park. The weather … Continue reading →
- New NN4SA Website is Active 2015 0217